Join our Yoga class and enjoy the enormous benefits that Yoga provides.
- A 5,000 year old practice which originated in India.
- Was developed by men.
- In Sanskrit, yoga means “to yoke”.
- The aim of yoga is to connect the mind, body and spirit throughout pranayama (controlled breath) and asana (yoga pose) practice.
- Yoga was brought to the US in 1893 by Swami Vivekananda.
- Incorporates balance, strength and flexibility in each asana or pose.
- Vinyasa (yoga) means “to place in a special way”.
- Yoga increases flexibility, builds strength and creates balance in the body and mind.
- It increases blood flow and helps circulate oxygen to cells in the body.
- Twisting poses release tokens from abdominal organs and aid in digestion.
- Each joint goes through full range of motion in every yoga practice.
- People who practice yoga regularly, take fewer breaths of greater volume, which maximizes lung function. This also calms the mind and body.
- Yoga strengthens and tones every muscle in the body.
In yoga, we set intentions not goals. When we set goals, we focus our time and energy on future outcomes. An intention is a commitment you make to your self to align your actions with your inner values at this current moment. Intentions remove the attachment outcomes and allows us to live in the present.
In yoga, we say “practice makes progress” because we are not looking for perfection.
Availability: Easton Fitness Center