“I wanted to express how very pleased I am with the results I am getting through your personal training sessions as well as your studios classes. I belonged to another gym at the time i was searching to change things up a bit out of boredom from a regular routine when i found you and Fitness Rx Training studios. I was somewhat skeptical after being a fitness instructor myself and already paying a monthly fee elsewhere, but after just a few short weeks, I was seeing results i haven’t gotten anywhere else. Not only am i challenged but you guided me nutritionally which was the key element i needed fro the results i was seeking for so long. Its obvious that fitness isn’t just your career but your passion and it shows daily! Thank you Mark for showing me that it is possible to have the body i want in my late 40’s! I couldn’t have done it without you. Fitness Rx is the 3rd gym i have been a member of since moving here 4 years ago and I must sa, it was the best decision to join because i see results now that I didn’t see elsewhere. I, SINCERELY, THANK YOU!”
“Thank you so much for the insane workouts. I really enjoyed then! I learned so much from you and the program and I have made lifelong changes to my eating habits.”
*”I need that strong coach standing there pushing me as i go and Mark YOU’RE the BEST! That, with the comradery of the rest of the class, is a recipe for success that anyone can be a part of.”
Kelly Buckland Karam
* “OK girls, I’m the modest type and don’t like to show myself off but… I am so proud of the progress I have made at Fitness Rx Training studios I have to share. I have lost 25 pounds in 9 short months. For the first time in my life, I felt like i rocked a bikini at the pool last week!! I have never been thin or fit. But, I set a goal to be “Fit at 40″ and I did it!! Fitness Rx was the key. Nutritional coaching, fun workouts with similar women, personal training and a desire to feel good about my body at 40 years old. Down 25 pounds, size 4 from a 10 and stronger every day. It works! if I can do this, you can too.”
* Good Morning Jen,
See below my msg about the program & all of your help to get me where I am today and beyond, thank you very much for all your encouragement! I appreciate it very much. I will send the rest of my meal planners to you tomorrow, ok? Have a great day.
I just completed the 4-weeks Women Only Body Transformation. My trainer, Jen Frye takes dedication, drive and consistency. If you haven’t taken the challenge, I would recommend it!
Jen has helped me to get out of my funk that I was in; at first I was feeling very discouraged but she had the right words for encouragement that I needed to continue with the program. She is always there by phone, txt or email when you need her for any nutrient or exercise information. I feel so much better after getting all the information and just doing it. I don’t feel bloated or tired at all maybe only when I work out too hard LOL. When I exercise it gives me more energy to keep going. It feels good! The nutrient part was hard at first but now it’s not so hard after doing it 4 wks now. I am trying new foods that I never had before and I am enjoying it. I am also enjoying cooking new things too.
Jen, (Gina & Mark)
* I cannot thank you enough for putting this together at Stevensville! Seeing you get after it every time I was at the gym was VERY motivating. Before your program I would stop (exercising) the second I began to sweat – I hated sweating. Now…. I know I haven’t done anything at all unless I’m dripping, sweat-soaking wet.
Thank you so much!!! : )
* 65 lbs down & still counting!
I had just about given up. I had had 5 knee operations & wasn’t healing properly. In fact, I could barely move! My quality of life was not good. My knee & my weight were limiting my activities & my life. I decided to give FitnessRx a try. With support, motivation, & guidance from my trainer, Glen, & the staff, fitness and health have become my new way of life. I feel better than ever & am more physically fit than ever before! You never know what you can accomplish until your REALLY try!
* “I came to Mandie in severe pain from a herniated disc. My right foot was numb, I had sciatica especially on the left and severe muscle spasms/cramps. Immediately she had me drinking 80oz of water, which really helped. She thoroughly evaluated my limitations related to the pain and worked gently with me. I learned exercises and techniques I could do on my own. Within weeks my right foot was no longer numb and the sciatic pain intermittent at best. I am so grateful for the effort Mandie put into helping me and the relief from constant pain!”
* “It has been a pleasure to have Mandie Shockley as my personal trainer. She has been most helpful in enlightening me in how to make healthier food choices and the importance of regular exercise to your mental and physical wellbeing. She is very professional and makes her clients feel that they can be successful becoming healthier and more physically fit when they stick to the program! I look forward to working with Mandie in the future and have recommended her as an excellent personal trainer to others. In addition, I have lost 10lbs and dropped a dress size thanks to Mandie’s training.”
* “Approximately 3 years ago I started having severe back pain. After trying everything from weight loss to acupuncture I finally decided on surgery. February of 2012 I had anterior and posterior spinal fusion. In the 6-8 weeks prior to my surgery Mandie and I worked hard to strengthen my core. When I went for my post op visits my doctors were amazed at how quickly I recouped and said that a lot of it was due to my core strengthening. At my one year visit they told me that most people are just starting to feel good. By my one year visit I was able to flip the big tire at the gym!“
* “Personal training changed my life. Literally, I am the healthiest I’ve ever been and my body is returning to its optimal shape… slowly but surely! When I started training, Mandie made it clear that no goal was unachievable if the dedication and the work was there. My stamina has improved; I can now run a mile without stopping to catch my breath. I haven’t been able to do that since high school. My muscles are stronger and looser and allow me to get the most out of exercise. Until I started training I had no idea how my body was holding me back! My hamstrings were so tight I could barely do a squat! With Mandie’s help I not only have gained muscle strength but I’ve gained movement in general. Even walking is easier for me now. My hips are looser now, my back is stronger and aches less. It is so wonderful to be able to use my body to its fullest potential. I can’t imagine where I would be if I had never worked with Mandie. I am able to get down on the floor and play with my 2 year old nephew now. I look forward to seeing where this journey will continue to take me and to see what I can make of my future now that I am finally learning just what my body is capable of.”
* For 31 years, I have been on a weight roller coaster of my own creation. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea & a REM disorder. Many doctors, machines, prescriptions, etc. later, the REM disorder could not be controlled. A year later, my A1C (Diabetes Type 2) was 6.9 (borderline for medication), my bad cholesterol was borderline, and I was taking a medication for high blood pressure. Alone, I was able to lower my A1C to 6.4 which was still not “the answer.” I could not beat all this alone. Since my Dad passed away at 56 years old of arteriosclerosis and complications from non-medicated, Type 2 diabetes and I was 52, I was worried & scared. I’d tried training at the gym. Since we lived on a farm & exercise was part of daily life, the gym was a scary, monotonous, unnecessary place, in my mind. That next day, Will Meara saw me walking to the post office and said my name & waved while driving by. That was it — a sign!!
After mulling this over for a few days, I called Will & said, “I’m ready to be healthy.” That’s just where I am headed with Will & the entire gym including other members cheering me on! Since April of 2013, I have lost 28.8 lbs, and a total of 19 inches. My blood pressure is excellent and I no longer have to take any medications. I just recently got my new A1C hemoglobin test results back, and am no longer at risk for diabetes at a level of 5.4! I can walk on the treadmill without holding the handle AT ALL! NOTE: This is a huge feat for me. I have already started training for my first 5K, a long-time dream which is now a “goal” or “job,” my word for goal. My body hates it when I don’t go to the gym. My knee, ankle & foot fuss for exercise which is the complete opposite of my old way of thinking. I put on a form-fitting shirt for the first time in years at the urging of my supportive, adult son. I feel wonderful & am moving in the right direction for the rest of my life!
I cannot thank Will Meara enough for his support, persistence, gentle urging, more forceful urging – lol, understanding (could go on & on)! For me, it is a mental and physical process. Thankful that someone ‘gets that.’ We bring with us our past behaviors, fears, and perceptions. We must understand them to begin the journey. So blessed to have Fitness Rx in my life. Come join us!
* Here’s what your gym, the coaching, the challenges, hard work, and dedication get ya. Thanks for creating an environment where people from all walks of life and fitness levels can learn to become healthier and happier!